[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Make NSNotification names a protocol like ErrorProtocol

Kenny Leung kenny_leung at pobox.com
Wed Jun 29 20:07:54 CDT 2016

Yes, this is the solution that I’m using, but:

1. I think following the pattern of ErrorProtocol would be better

2. It doesn’t explain why I can use String in one instance and not the other when they are both typed the same:

// Can use String or Notification.Name
    @nonobjc final public func addObserver(_ observer: AnyObject, selector aSelector: Selector, name aName: Name, object anObject: AnyObject?)
// Can only use Notification.Name
    public func post(name aName: NSNotification.Name, object anObject: AnyObject?)

-Kenny