[swift-evolution] Take 2: Stdlib closure argument labels and parameter names

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Wed Jun 29 12:14:08 CDT 2016

I have experience using aliases in Ruby and they are one of the aspects of the language I hated with a passion. They can be very confusing, and increase the difficulty of learning the APIs and QuickHelp is not always there to help. To me, they sound like a convenience for the code writer but a nuisance of the reader. And Swift has always tried to improve its readability over its writability.