[swift-evolution] [Discussion] A Problem With SE-0025?

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Wed Jun 29 01:25:54 CDT 2016

> On 29 Jun 2016, at 04:03, Matthew Judge <matthew.judge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I understand SE-0025 (even with the amendment) you can still spell the access modifier to types as 'private' and get the same characteristics as the pre-SE-0025 meaning or private, so I'm not sure I understand the concern here. However (continued below)

The characteristic I will be missing is for the following style of writing:

class MyViewController : UIViewController {
    private var privateInfo: String?
}

//MARK: Public

public extension MyViewController {
    func publicFunction() {
        // CAN’T ACCESS privateInfo

//MARK: UITableViewDataSource

private extension MyViewController : UITableViewDataSource {
    func numberOfRowsInSection(_ section: Int) -> Int
        // CAN’T ACCESS privateInfo

//MARK: Private

private extension MyViewController {
    func implementationFunction() {