[swift-evolution] [Draft] Rationalizing Sequence end-operation names

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Tue Jun 28 13:25:34 CDT 2016

> On 28 Jun 2016, at 13:46, Brent Royal-Gordon <brent at architechies.com> wrote:
>
> Unlike the other methods, adding additional elements changed the length of `suffix(from:)`'s return value. That indicates to me that it is *not* a suffix operation at all.

I don't agree with your reasoning here. It *is* an operation that returns the suffix (the end of the sequence) but starting from an index. The fact that indices index from the start of the array and that the function will return an array of a different length depending on the argument does not make the result of the operation less of a suffix. It is still returning the end of the array.