[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Sealed classes by default

Alejandro Martinez alexito4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:57:12 CDT 2016

Anton Zhilin: That is one of the points if I’m not mistaken. Sealed
means that with whole-module-optimization the compiler can optimise
more things as it can treat it as final for other modules.

L. Mihalkovic: Could you give an example of what exactly do you mean?
I know one of the reasons behind the proposal is to actually improve
those situations by forcing us to think more on customisation when
designing APIs.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Anton Zhilin via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> Does `sealed` allow for any optimizations? Maybe somehow devirtualizing
> method calls?

Alejandro Martinez
http://alejandromp.com