[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Sealed classes by default

Javier Soto javier.api at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 19:08:20 CDT 2016

That is a very good point, it should be explicitly mentioned in the
proposal. My thought would be that since in the Obj-C runtime it's not
possible to guarantee a class won't have subclasses, or that a method is
not overriden, Obj-C classes would be imported as open.

On the Swift side, I think today it's possible to declare a "public final
@objc class", but you can still inherit from it from Obj-C, right? My hunch
would be that that should be disallowed, but perhaps there's a reason why
it's allowed today.

Javier Soto