[swift-evolution] Revisiting SE-0041 Names

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Mon Jun 27 17:08:07 CDT 2016

> On Jun 27, 2016, at 13:13, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> There's an exception to everything.  In this case, protocols used to
> interface with the language at the lowest levels may be purely about
> syntax.

Should we use a different word to declare such protocols?
syntax IntegerLiteral { // where “syntax” is just the lowercase spelling of whatever we end up calling the namespace
    // everything from `IntegerLiteralConvertible` goes here
}

It would certainly help create the mental distinction between these “syntactic” protocols and "normal” protocols.

- Dave Sweeris