[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] NSError bridging

Charles Srstka cocoadev at charlessoft.com
Mon Jun 27 15:54:51 CDT 2016

Obviously, I’m in favor of this one. +1!

I think I did prefer the older name of CustomUserInfoError for the domain/code/userInfo protocol, rather than CustomNSError. This is just because I’d like to be able to do a global search through my project for “NSError” and have it turn up empty. Maybe a silly reason, I know. ;-)

I sent a few more comments off-list before I realized you’d posted the proposal already, so you can peruse, consider, and/or discard those at your leisure. It’s nothing terribly important, though; this proposal is pretty great as is.

Thanks so much for doing this! I’m really excited for better error handling in Swift 3.

Charles