[swift-evolution] [Proposal Draft] Literal Syntax Protocols

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Mon Jun 27 09:49:13 CDT 2016

> On Jun 27, 2016, at 7:40 AM, Ben Rimmington <me at benrimmington.com> wrote:
>
> <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/381>
>
> CORRECTIONS:
>
> Find:    "ExtendedGraphemeClusterConvertible"
> Replace: "ExtendedGraphemeClusterLiteralConvertible"
>
> Find:    "StringInterpolationLiteralConvertible"
> Replace: "StringInterpolationConvertible"
>
> Find:    "StringLiteralLiteral" (x5)
> Replace: "StringLiteral"
>
> Find:    "ArrayrLiteral"
> Replace: "ArrayLiteral"
>
> SUGGESTIONS:
>
> Should the `DictionaryLiteral` structure be renamed?
> <https://developer.apple.com/reference/swift/dictionaryliteral>
> It isn't a dictionary or a literal, it's an ordered collection.
>
> Can we also change `ExtendedGraphemeCluster` to `Character`?
> This would affect the argument label, global type alias, etc.

Thanks for catching these mistakes!  Looks like my late night copy / pasting and proofreading skills could use some improvement. :)

I want to keep this proposal as tightly focused as possible so it has maximum chance of acceptance.  If you want to propose renaming the root of a couple of these protocols you should pursue an independent proposal for that.

Matthew