[swift-evolution] [Proposal Draft] Literal Syntax Protocols

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:37:06 CDT 2016

DictionaryLiteral seems fine to me; it's as much a dictionary as
ArrayLiteral is an array, right?

What's wrong with ExtendedGraphemeCluster? It precisely self-documents what
must exist between the double quotes to qualify as such a literal. Plus, we
don't have e.g. a single-quoted character type; the name CharacterLiteral
is a misnomer for what's effectively a string literal constrained by length.

Likewise, it's not a StringInterpolationLiteral but StringInterpolation;
there's no syntax for demarcating it, so it's a string literal constrained
by what's between the double quotes.