[swift-evolution] SE-0105: Removing Where Clauses from For-In Loops

Jose Cheyo Jimenez cheyo at masters3d.com
Fri Jun 24 16:04:39 CDT 2016

> On Jun 24, 2016, at 11:30 AM, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 6:37 AM, William Shipley <wjs at mac.com> wrote:
>>> On Jun 23, 2016, at 11:04 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi.wu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Not a practitioner of 80-character line limits, I take it?
>>
>> I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t just let Xcode do the wrapping for most cases. I’ll add newlines if I think it adds to clarity, but in general I don’t want to code like i’m still on a Wyse WY-50.
>
> Of course, to each their own style--I certainly wouldn't want Swift to force everyone to write lines of certain lengths.

The fact that you bring up a style in a proposal review [about a style imo] (and thus distracting the review process ) just reinforces the thinking that the proposal is about enforcing a particular style.

I think you made your point clearly in the discussions and proposal. Please allow other people to have their own opinions in this review :), otherwise it is not a review imo.