[swift-evolution] SE-0105: Removing Where Clauses from For-In Loops

William Shipley wjs at mac.com
Fri Jun 24 00:59:35 CDT 2016

Here are some of my real-world examples:

        for modelUUIDAndInterfaceElement in modelUUIDsToInterfaceElements where !usedInterfaceElements.contains(modelUUIDAndInterfaceElement.1) {
…
        }

        for anchor in wall.anchors where boundsRect.contains(anchor.origin) {
…
        }

        for otherWall: Wall in self where otherWall != wall && !removedWalls.contains(otherWall) {
…
        }

        for wall in self as Set<Wall> {
            for otherWall in self as Set<Wall> where otherWall != wall {
…

        for wall in self as Set<Wall> where !checkedWalls.contains(wall) {
…
        }

(x2 on that one)

        for otherPieceOfFurnitureNode in localFurnitureModelUUIDsToInterfaceElements!.values where otherPieceOfFurnitureNode !== pieceOfFurnitureNode {
…
        }

        for lineSegmentObject in wallRelatedLineSegments where remainingLineSegments.contains(lineSegmentObject) {
…
        }

        for colinearLineSegmentObject in remainingLineSegments where colinearLineSegmentObject.angle.isEssentially(infiniteLineAngle: lineSegmentObject.angle) {
…
        }

I think this is basically as many as are found on all of github?

-W