[swift-evolution] Revisiting SE-0041 Names

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 01:26:14 CDT 2016

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 19:35, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM, David Sweeris <davesweeris at mac.com> wrote:
>> That's a really interesting idea. Is "Syntax" a placeholder, or is that the intended name?
>
> It is the best name we could come up with, we are open to better suggestions.

I guess it depends on the intended semantics of the "namespace". If the purpose is to be a container for the various LiteralConvertible protocols, then maybe something like `AcceptsLiteralType.Integer` might be better? It's a bit wordy, though.

>> Also, why an enum? Especially one without any cases...
>
> It is not possible to create an instance of an enum that does not have
> cases.  It becomes essentially a namespace.

Oh that's a clever work-around. I like it :-)

- Dave Sweeris