[swift-evolution] Thoughts on replacing \() with $() or some other symbol

Nick Moore nick at nickmoore.net
Wed Jun 22 04:07:40 CDT 2016

There are many handy utilities for string-snippet replacement. For
example, TextExpander can be configure to replace \\ with \(), putting
the insertion point between the parens. I'm sure people can come up with
other solutions to suit their workflow, if typing it straight out is
uncomfortable.

I don't think a language should be optimised for typing but for reading
and logical consistency.

-Nick
(This is my first post to the list. but I have been reading it for a
long time.)