[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Design guideline rule for `:`

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Jun 22 06:57:01 CDT 2016

I follow exactly the same flow.

Even if this is my personal preference, I do not like x : y at all at any corner of the language, just because it does look somehow strange to me.

// This looks much clearer to me
type TypeName: BaseType {

    var value: SomeType

    func generic<T: BaseType>(dictionary: [String: T]) { … }
}

// Compared to this
type TypeName : BaseType {

    var value : SomeType

    func generic<T : BaseType>(dictionary : [String : T]) { … }

Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail