[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0102: Remove @noreturn attribute and introduce an empty NoReturn type

Antoine Cœur adigitalknight at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:51:28 CDT 2016

>         * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

-1, we are introducing confusion between WHAT is returned and IF it returns

>         * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a
> change to Swift?

the assumption that the attribute was superfluous was wrong, for clarity
reasons. So there is no significant problem addressed

>         * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

This proposal feels like someone wants to remove '@' from attributes: this
causes confusion. I may have defined a class with name NoReturn for a
different use.

        * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick
> reading, or an in-depth study?

A quick reading.

Antoine