[swift-evolution] Thoughts on replacing \() with $() or some other symbol

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Tue Jun 21 18:38:09 CDT 2016

>> You know what *is* unusable though? Try finding the $ key on an international keyboard.

And that, for me, is motivation in a nutshell. Swift won't always be used on OS X, where it's easy to set up Keyboard prefs to substitute (dollar) with $.

I did a search for "which symbol keys appear on most international keyboards" but didn't get very far. Surely this is something to bring into the discussion if it exists?

-- E