[swift-evolution] [swigt-evolution] [Pitch] Make NSOrderedSet behave like any other collections from Foundation

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Tue Jun 21 18:27:47 CDT 2016

Hi Remy, Brent,

We’re thinking about it but there are no plans for Swift 3 in this respect (although I think we’re going to keep the NS prefix on these types).

One of the complexities with this type is its performance characteristics, especially when used with CoreData (the reason it was introduced). CoreData relies a lot on proxying for performance reasons, but there is currently an impedance mismatch between that behavior and Swift’s focus on static typing.

- Tony