[swift-evolution] Fixing Apple Framework APIs in regard to the Swift Design Guidelines

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Jun 18 23:56:52 CDT 2016

> On Jun 16, 2016, at 3:57 PM, David Hart via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I’ve only started using the transformed APIs from Apple frameworks that were auto-modified and I’ve found a few cases where the automatic translation doesn’t seem to follow the Swift Design Guidelines. I don’t know how much can be fixed manually, but if it can, it would be forth congregating as a community to prepare a massive list of proportions before the new APIs are set in stone in the fall.

Hi David,

swift-evolution isn’t the right process for proposing changes to Apple frameworks, but you raise good points, and I really value the feedback.

If you file a radar with bugreporter.apple.com <http://bugreporter.apple.com/> and let us know the radar #, we will be happy to escalate this with the team in question.  Thank you!

-Chris