[swift-evolution] [Discussion] A Problem With SE-0025?

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Wed Jun 15 14:40:29 CDT 2016

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 2:34 PM, Adrian Zubarev via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Ok I already see side effects in my idea which breaks the entire scoped access level thing :/
>
> class A {
>    // incrementTwice() is not visible here
> }
>
> extension A {
>    private func incrementTwice() {
>
>    }
> }
> In my model incrementTwice would be visible in A which it shouldn’t (I agree to that).
>
> That seem like a nasty bug that we missed during review.

You are correct that `incrementTwice` is not visible inside `class A`.

What seems like a nasty bug missed during review?  I don’t follow you there.

This proposal was specifically designed to follow Swift’s design of a scope-based access control mechanism rather than a type-based access control mechanism that is common in other languages.