[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Retiring `where` from for-in loops

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:09:45 CDT 2016

We're going in circles again. I addressed this with relation to `guard`,
and I would reply in the same way about `for case`:

The fact is that there are even experienced users of Swift who see `where`
and affirmatively believe it does what it does not do. The same cannot be
said for `for case`. That is, a user might say, 'What in the world does for
case mean?', but even a totally new user is unlikely to say, 'I can guess
what for case means, and it means [something that for case does not in fact
mean].'