[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Renaming sizeof, sizeofValue, strideof, strideofValue

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 22:30:48 CDT 2016

In defense of MemoryLayout<T>'s "less clarity", the people who know enough to use that stuff won't have trouble understanding it.

That said, while I like it, I'm mostly interested in sequestering this stuff away in a type as a step towards a some sort of vague macro system. Since that's obviously out of scope for, well, everything, I'm +1 regardless.

- Dave Sweeris