[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Renaming sizeof, sizeofValue, strideof, strideofValue

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:01:00 CDT 2016

Nope. I use it with Metal buffers, for example :)

Moreover, there's nothing inherently unsafe about sizeof, and I think it's
important, *especially when you're working with UnsafePointers*, that safe
things look safe. If the moment a pointer comes into the picture everything
related to it is prefixed with Unsafe, that word loses its meaning entirely.