[swift-evolution] Proposal: 'T(literal)' should construct T using the appropriate literal protocol if possible

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:54:34 CDT 2016

See, I've made this mistake as well, and *not* because I thought it casts
the literal. I had always assumed that something like `UInt16(42)` would
initialize using the integer literal init, since it seems logical that
that's the most specific. The proposed change reflects my currently
erroneous mental model.