[swift-evolution] [Pre-proposal] Forward/Reverse Only Indexing Methods

Thorsten Seitz tseitz42 at icloud.com
Tue May 31 23:51:59 CDT 2016

I like this idea. The problem is that it would require that we have an Index.NonNegativeDistance as argument to really make it statically safe. And we would have to have methods producing these, probably as optional return values.
Otherwise we won't have achieved statically safety but effectively just better documentation about the capabilities of the respective collection.

-Thorsten