[swift-evolution] Enhanced existential types proposal discussion

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:16:09 CDT 2016

I think the problem here is that P == P is true, but P : P is not (a protocol does not conform to itself).

I think there was some discussion about it on the original "Completing Generics" thread from March. I'd probably ask on the swift-users list why P can't be made to conform to P, and then put together a proposal if there's no good reason.

Austin