[swift-evolution] [Draft] Automatically deriving Equatable and Hashable for certain value types

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Sun May 29 08:25:14 CDT 2016

Should 'deriving' allows us to manually implement protocol requirements?
For example
struct A : deriving Hashable {
   var hasValue : Int {...}
}

Or there should be a compilation error in this case?

Right now I feel that if we can have auto-deriving by using current syntax
for protocol conformance - we sholdn't introduce new keyword and new rules
for this.
The requirement to explicitly conform your type to protocol for
auto-deriving is IMO reasonable compromise between separate 'deriving'
decoration and implicit derivation(when your type is Hashable without any
conformance to protocol, just if each property is Hashable).