[swift-evolution] [Pitch] #warning

Robert Widmann devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Sat May 28 23:36:50 CDT 2016

#warning isn't exclusively used for FIXMEs.  Languages that include these kinds of features do things like flag old modules or unsupported OSes and older Swift versions by combining it with #if - a feature Swift implements far richer conditionals for than other languages I might add.  The kinds of developers that are reaching for these features, in addition to TODOs, are the ones that aren't letting their own warnings sit and get stale.

~Robert Widmann