[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Circling back to `with`

Patrick Smith pgwsmith at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:38:07 CDT 2016

Just some alternate naming suggestions for with() and withVar(), as the naming guidelines suggest -ed/-ing:

withVar
altered() // Changes a value copy / reference and returns it
mutated() // Or this, but uses value-specific term ‘mutate’

with
inspect() // Works with an immutable copy, has @discardableResult
use()