[swift-evolution] Proposal: Deprecate optionals in string interpolation

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:23:53 CDT 2016

I believe the only 'fix' here is to prevent string interpolation for
anything that is not base types like String, Integer, Double, Boolean or
that is explicitly provides textual(not for debugging) representation.

For all others like function, Optional etc leave only debug string
interpolation, when we should explicitly ask "get debgug info text for this
item".

I.e. in my opinion we shouldn't be able to do "\(url.lowercased)" or
"\(op)" (if `op` is optional).

But, *at least* we need warnings if optional, function or something like
this is in string interpolation.