[swift-evolution] Enhanced existential types proposal discussion

Jan E. Schotsman jeschot at xs4all.nl
Thu May 26 08:51:22 CDT 2016

On May 26, 2016, at 3:44 PM, Austin Zheng wrote:

> The inimitable Joe Groff provided me with an outline as to how the
> design
> could be improved. I've taken the liberty of rewriting parts of the
> proposal to account for his advice.

Looks like great progress!

A few remarks:

1.I don't see the need for AllOf. A nested existential also acts as a
constraint bundle, so you would have to write

Any<ProtocolA, AllOf< ProtocolB, ProtocolC>>

for consistency.

In a "is subclass of" constraint the superclass also acts as a
constraint bundle, in a sense.

2.If openas never fails why do we need to use optional binding with it?

3. You have a typo in the "where clause" section:  where
Collection.Element == Streamable