[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Remove associated type inference

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:58:24 CDT 2016

Operator overloading and type inference are powerful, but very very easy to abuse tools especially in a professional environment with opinionated programmers working on a medium to large codebase. It makes the code written depend greatly from context which may be located far away from when it is used and in some cases in a non obvious way. The result is code less clearer to read, review, and to debug if things go wrong. I think we should always keep in mind the time when people will need to debug our code and make that job easy.

Sent from my iPhone