[swift-evolution] [Pre-proposal] Replace [Foo] With CollectionType

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:15:24 CDT 2016

Better support for existentials (see the generics manifesto,
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/GenericsManifesto.md)
should obviate the need for any sort of sugar or compiler magic to do this
kind of thing.

typealias AnyCollection<T> = Any<Collection where .Element == T, ...>
func doSomething(collection: AnyCollection<Foo>)

Austin