[swift-evolution] Winding down the Swift 3 release

Jeremy Pereira jeremy.j.pereira at googlemail.com
Mon May 23 04:21:35 CDT 2016

> On 19 May 2016, at 15:44, Zach Waldowski via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

> Much like people are expressing relief that the compatibility goals for
> the language are not being dictated by specific timelines, I would be
> wholly concerned if any of Swift's goals were being defined by winning
> the short-term favor of business people.

The success of Swift as a language depends on the favour (short medium and long term) of business people. We have a choice here: we can either build the perfect ivory tower language that nobody uses outside of this group, or we can build a pragmatic language that is great for building real World applications in. I’d prefer we did the latter.