[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Add the sign method to the SignedNumberType protocol.

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Mon May 23 02:29:36 CDT 2016

Could you give an example of this method’s usage? Surely your value is either positive, negative or zero already, so this method doesn’t return anything more useful.

In other words, anywhere that I might do this:

	if myValue.sign > 0 { … }

I could just as easily do:

	if myValue > 0 { … }

To the same end result surely? Unless I’m missing something it seems redundant.

If there is a use-case for this, would it make more sense to have the return type as an enum with cases for Positive, Negative and Zero?