[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Disallow redundant `Any<...>` constructs

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri May 20 14:04:34 CDT 2016

I think you should submit this for review, but I also think you should take the part of your older proposal to add class support to Any<...> and submit it as a separate proposal. (I mean, the part where you can define things like "Any<UIViewController, Protocol>" or "Any<class, Protocol>".)

I’d like to separate these into different proposals like already suggested on github. Not sure about `Any<class, Protocol>`. I’m not even sure what we’ll get in Swift 3 now from the Generics Manifesto. I’ll submit `Any<UIView, Protocol>` proposal as soon as I can find some time to rewrite it.
--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail