[swift-evolution] [Accepted with Revision] SE-0088: Modernize libdispatch for Swift 3 naming conventions

Dan Appel dan.appel00 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 00:02:20 CDT 2016

>Swift 2.2 code should be run through a migrator, which is able to
automatically handle changes like this.

Yes, but that's not really my point. Why do it this "magical" way? It's
already possible (and actually very easy) to wrap C modules such as
libdispatch in a Swifty API (see Venice <https://github.com/VeniceX/Venice>,
OpenSSL <https://github.com/Zewo/OpenSSL>, PostreSQL
<https://github.com/Zewo/PostgreSQL> as examples). I know that LibDispatch
is special to Swift and Apple, but I just don't see a reason to give it
such a special treatment.

Dan

--
Dan Appel