[swift-evolution] RFC: didset and willset

Jeremy Pereira jeremy.j.pereira at googlemail.com
Thu May 19 09:15:57 CDT 2016

> On 18 May 2016, at 21:53, Erica Sadun via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Just some context:
>
> "We have a few conjoined keywords already (typealias, associatedtype, fallthrough).  In the discussion about these terms, we decided that these read best when all lowercase, because they are treated as atomic concepts by programmers”

Hmm, that’s kind of spurious isn’t it? Camel case has nothing to do with whether the concept referred to is atomic but whether the label for it is composed of multiple words.

If you came across the following

    let databaseTransaction = database.beginTransaction()

you wouldn’t change the T's to lower case on the grounds that database transactions are atomic.