[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Rename protocol<> to Any<>

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Thu May 19 02:11:14 CDT 2016

Austin do we really need this 3rd proposal? This makes my original one really a waste of time. I was trying to solve https://openradar.appspot.com/20990743 with the original `Any<>` proposal when Swift 3 ships. Your other proposal would enhance it without introducing breaking changes.

To that end, I’d suggest Any<>,Any<Any, XX>, and Any<Any<XX>> all cause warnings.
Why would these cause warnings?

func foo(any: protocol<>)

func foo(any: protocol<Any>)

func foo(any: protocol<Any, ProtocolA>)