[swift-evolution] Support for coding styles and "swift-format" tool

Krystof Vasa kvasa at icloud.com
Wed May 18 11:58:24 CDT 2016

Definitely +1.

I've had a long discussion about this from one of the Xcode developers a few months back, pointing out that given how long has Xcode been around it has really really poor support for customizing the codestyle.

I really like what AppCode from JetBrains does - it allows you to even apply the code style automatically on save and allows you to customize it and have teams share the code style - something like StyleCop in C# (though I've never used it).

I do use Swimat (Xcode plugin) fairly often, which enforces spaces between operators, etc.

I've also tried out tailor (https://tailor.sh <https://tailor.sh/>) which is fairly nice, but can be too strict at times.