[swift-evolution] Winding down the Swift 3 release

Stephan Tolksdorf st at quanttec.com
Wed May 18 05:14:29 CDT 2016

Hi,

I'm curious, has the Swift team considered not having a public stable
ABI for Swift at all, and instead only define some kind of versioned
low-level bitcode for packaging purposes which then would be compiled
and linked by a system/package repository/App Store service?

This would allow the ABI to evolve with the compiler and would provide
more flexibility for e.g. the compilation of generic code and the
implementation of shared libraries.

- Stephan