[swift-evolution] Winding down the Swift 3 release

Tim Hawkins tim.thawkins at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:33:26 CDT 2016

At what point would you consider the Linux product to be viable for
production server side application development. Do you think that goal has
been achieved in swift 3.0. Or is it going to have to wait for the ABI lock
down.

I'm weighting the wisdom of possibly using Swift on linux for
microservices, we are comming from a modernPHP and OOP environment, and
many of the alternatives such as go and rust have higher impedance
mismatches than swift,  given the skills I have available in the
organisation.

I'm interested in cross platform app development down the line, but for
now, I'm only really interested in building out APIs with it.