[swift-evolution] NSRange and Range

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Sun May 8 16:10:04 CDT 2016

Hello Swift-Evolution,

I spent some time coding on Linux with Swift 3 (latest developement snapshot) and corelibs-foundation and I’ve hit one major hurdle: passing and converting NSRange and Range around between the different stdlib and Foundation APIs - specifically in regards to String.

Is there a plan to simplify those pain points by converting all corelibs-foundation APIs to accept/return Range on String instead of NSRange? In that case, can’t we get rid of NSRange completely?

David.