[swift-evolution] multi-line string literals.

L. Mihalkovic laurent.mihalkovic at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:24:09 CDT 2016

Regards
(From mobile)

> On May 8, 2016, at 12:49 AM, Ricardo Parada via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

> It seems to me like this would take care of what is needed 99% of the time.
>
> I've seen many who don't favor continuation quotes.
>
> The other option could be triple quote """ and make the continuation quote optional. Not using the continuation quote would require the closing triple quote """

For having built a prototype, I've come to realize that there are more alternatives.

This is some of my own tests:
https://gist.github.com/lmihalkovic/718d1b8f2ae6f7f6ba2ef8da07b64c1c

The idea of these M/e or any other similar prefix remind me of my perl days (there were a lot of these), and IMO have little to do with the rest of Swift.