[swift-evolution] Proposal: Drop parentheses for initalization from tuple

Daniele Riccardelli dan.riccardelli at gmail.com
Sat May 7 15:01:54 CDT 2016

Hi Basem,

Thank you for the answer. It is indeed a shorthand for unpacking the tuple,
which is nothing new to Swift.

My suggestion is simply to go from this syntax:
let (name, surname) = ("John", "Doe")

to this:
let name, surname = ("John", "Doe")

So it is not about a new feature of the language, simply a small change in
the syntax.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Daniele