[swift-evolution] Should we rename "class" when referring to protocol conformance?

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Fri May 6 22:22:21 CDT 2016

> On May 6, 2016, at 19:48, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, this is the first mention I can find in the whole thread, honest.
> Oh, it was a different thread.  Joe describes it as a protocol for
> “types that represent fully self-contained values,” which is just fuzzy
> enough that everyone reading it can have his own interpretation of what
> it means.
FWIW, I've been taking it to mean a) something that can always be correctly copied simply by copying its memory, and b) something for which equality can be determined by comparing memory (or at least won't give a false positive... I hadn't considered the "0 == -0" kind of equality until just now).

I'm not sure that's any less fuzzy than the description you referenced, though. This thread has several terms that I'm not as familiar with as I should be.

- Dave Sweeris