[swift-evolution] Dropping NS Prefix in Foundation

Rod Brown rodney.brown6 at icloud.com
Fri May 6 17:34:40 CDT 2016

I am definitely +1 to this proposal direction

I was in the crowd thinking "don't drop the NS on types that should be value types" but I think you make fair points that there can be planned optimizations in the future, and we should focus on getting a good set of naming rules in place. You make decent rules about how to migrate going forward.

I'm definitely in favor of the hoisted types, enum updates etc.

I found it interesting that NSOrderedSet has been left out of this proposal. Is there any reason for this? I only thought about it in regard to the previous mention a few days ago heh.

Thanks Tony for pushing this forward.

- Rod