[swift-evolution] Making `.self` After `Type` Optional

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri May 6 02:19:00 CDT 2016

Wouldn’t this enforce enum cases and some static struct variables to be lowercase?

public enum UINavigationControllerOperation: Int {

    case None
    case Push
    case Pop
}

public struct NSLayoutFormatOptions: OptionSetType {
    public init(rawValue: UInt)

    public static var AlignAllLeft: NSLayoutFormatOptions { get }
    public static var AlignAllRight: NSLayoutFormatOptions { get }
    // etc.
}

Is this really a welcome change? I mean I’d love to see the drop of `.self` magic from types, but not sure about the UppercaseTypes, lowercaseValue convention here.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail