[swift-evolution] Making `.self` After `Type` Optional

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Fri May 6 02:04:15 CDT 2016

I understand why the alternative of changing the generic type parameter list symbols was rejected, to be consistent with other C based languages, but I don't understand why the following was rejected:

making the UppercaseTypes, lowercaseValues convention a syntactic requirement, as is done in ML and Haskell.
I see that as a good viable alternative.