[swift-evolution] Case conventions for mixed-case words (like "iPad" and "NaN")

Basem Emara contact at basememara.com
Thu May 5 10:56:55 CDT 2016

Yes I digress and agree with you consistency is absolute key. Another thought came to mind:

Option 3 3: Uppercase all acronyms including those with mixed casing. This is both consistent and clear. Isolating acronyms is important because they loose their meaning and bleed into word boundaries, so making even mixed acronyms all uppercase clearly identifies them. In context, that might be “supportsIPAD”, “LATEXRenderer”, “isNEXTPlatform”, and “signalingNAN”, alongside “IPADIcon”, “LATEXSource”, “NEXTLogo”, and “NANValue”.)